Reduce your carbon footprint through your diet
- Pork is five times more polluting than tofu
- Lamb is 25 times more polluting than tofu
- Milk is five times as polluting as oat drink
- Cheese is four times as polluting as vegan cheese
- Lettuce grown conventionally is 12 times as polluting as lettuce grown locally
While researchers say some of the ways to reduce emissions is to focus on a plant-based diet and buy locally, at Farmers Markets, for example, the biggest reductions came from – you guessed it – cutting down on meat and dairy.
Did you know?
Although our oceans cover more than 70 per cent of the earth’s surface, less than five per cent of the planet’s oceans have been explored.
Thanks for keeping our oceans clean and forests green!
Pure Planet Club Team